9th Annual Faith in Action Weekend
September 14 – September 15, 2019
As we move closer to this year day of remembrance of 9/11, all members and friends of Grace have an opportunity to reach out to our community. We are God’s hands and feet and this is our chance to demonstrate the love of Christ to our neighbors.
Save the Family helps families who are homeless or working poor in many ways, one of which is to provide temporary shelter. Grace has a long relationship with Save the Family.
Justa Center is a resource center especially for older individuals who find themselves homeless. Grace has help support Justa Center since 2007.
Feed My Starving Children tackles hunger by supplying volunteered packed nutritious meals to those in need. This is a new opportunity being presented this year.
Saturday, September 14th– Save the Family – 9:00am to Noon
- Clean and Paint – More details to come soon!
Sunday, September 15th – After Sunday Morning Service in Fellowship Hall
- Make thank you cards for Veterans
- Pack lunches for men at the East Valley Men’s Shelter
- Assemble supply kits for the Just a Center
- Volunteer to pack meals at Feed My Starving Children. You will be contacted on dates and times.
- Volunteer to help serve an evening meal at EVMC – Grace UMC will serve meals in 2020 on Feb 2, March 22, April 19, August 16, and October 18.
If you have any questions, please contact Rosa Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org