After the first four weeks of successful Cooking Classes, we’re going to continue with Tuesday night sessions at 7 p.m. in the church kitchen through July 25th (except for scheduling conflicts and holiday). We’ve had 10 participants and have room for 5 or 6 more. It’s important to know, we have room for you, if you are interested.
Our current participants have enjoyed learning new skills, trying new spices, and learning some techniques and helpful tips in the kitchen. But most of all they are enjoying being together, having new recipes to use at home, working together and getting to know one another; not to mention tasting the great creations and taking some home to their families.
We’d love to have you join us. If you are interested, please call Ginny Hildebrand and leave a message at (602)909-0240 to register. The next sessions will be on “Summer Cooking” with the following schedule:
- 6/5/17 – Stupendous Salads and Summer Veggies
- 6/13/17 – Quinoa & Black Bean Enchilada Casserole for VBS on 6/19/17
- 6/19/17 – 5:30 p.m. to serve 6 p.m. dinner for VBS children, volunteers and families
- 6/20/17 – No Class due to VBS
- 6/27/17 – Meat in the Summer – from grilling to chicken salad
- 7/4/17 – Holiday, no class
- 7/11/17 – Nourishing Summer Food without heating up the kitchen (or cooking in the refrigerator)
- 7/18/17 – Summer desserts … beyond strawberries and watermelon
- 7/25/17 – Student’s Choice and recognition
We’ll be starting more Cooking Classes in September, stay tuned!