For families struggling to make ends meet, getting all the items for their children to return to school August 8th can be a real strain on their budgets. For many years, the people of Grace UMC have given a helping hand to the families of the children from Sidewalk Ministry and our neighborhood to make sure they are prepared to succeed from the very first day of school.
School Supplies go on sale in July and we are hoping we can count on you to take advantage of great sale prices and help us collect traditional items to fill backpacks. Here are the items needed to assemble grade appropriate backpacks and distribute them to 100 of our Sidewalk Ministry children by Aug. 4th.
- 3 ring wide or narrow rule notebook paper
- #2 Pencils
- Spiral wide or narrow rule notebooks 70 page ct
- Black, blue and red stick ballpoint pens
3 ring 1″ to 2″ binders
- Erasers – brick type and pencil-top
Pocket folders in various colors
- Colored pencils 12 or 24 count
Three prong pocket folders in various colors
- Crayons 24 count
- Rulers Pencil boxes
- Basic & Scientific calculators Zippered
- Pencil pouches
- Dry erase markers
- Permanent Sharpies
- Glue Sticks
- 100 ct boxes of Kleenex
- Protractors/Geometry kits
- Hand sanitizer- personal size
- Lined Index 3 x 5 cards, 100 ct.
- Manuscript/Primary Writing paper pads
If shopping is not possible for you, please consider making a monetary donation to Grace UMC during the drive, marked “School Supplies”. We will have our expert shoppers make your dollars stretch to help fill the gaps in donated items to complete the supplies we need for this School Year.